Riverwood Community Chapel was planted as a branch church of The Chapel in Akron. Our inaugural service was September 15, 1991 at Kent Roosevelt High School. Since then we have grown into the church home for several hundred families in Portage and Summit counties.
We met in Kent Roosevelt High School for our first six and one-half years until we occupied our current facilities at 1407 Fairchild Ave. in Kent in 1998.
Riverwood was born from a dream of the leadership of The Chapel for an independent evangelical church to minister to the greater Kent-Stow community. Riverwood was blessed with a "mother church" committed to its success, people who share the vision for the ministry, and a growing presence in the community.
Riverwood is a part of The Chapel Consortium of Churches.